Ep. 80 Sustainability vs. Consistency in strategies when it comes to business
with Lani Jackson
There are two very important words when it comes to a successful business that you should be familiar with. Sustainability and Consistency.
Understanding the definitions and how to apply them are going to make the world of difference in how you show up and how you feel doing it! Showing up frustrated and overwhelmed isn’t good for anyone. Utilize fluidity and flexibility to balance sustainability and consistency in your business for the growth you’ve been looking for!
Listen in to learn more.
“When you view your strategies as sustainable instead of having to be consistent and being strict and very this is the only way.
Sustainability, I feel like leads us to be creative and fluid with our natural resources, which is our energy and our time.”
Discussed in this Episode...
Listen as Lani shares:
What is sustainability?
- The ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level
- There is no timeline to it
- Using resources
- Responsibility for longterm support
What is Consistency?
- Conformity in the application of something typically that is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness
- Must look the same
Why is Consistency important?
- A way to measure results
- Accurate analytics
Ways mom life make it hard to be consistent?
- Unexpected illness
- Sports activities
- A new school schedule
- Changes in your child’s age
- And everything in between
The lies we tell ourselves as to why we can’t be consistent
- It’s not going to work for me
- I just don’t have the ability because of my unique life situation
- Social media doesn’t work anyway
What is the difference between Consistency and Sustainability?
- Consistency is saying, “I’m going to show up at a certain time everyday.”
- Sustainability is saying, “I might not be able to show up everyday at a certain time, but I am going to show up!”
How to plan for sustainability?
- Take how much time you want to show up each day, multiply it by how many days you want to show up. The number that it amounts to is your goal for the week.
- Example: goal= 30mins a day x 7 days a week = 3.5hrs a week.
- Now you can use that as your weekly goal instead of a daily goal.
- You can show up for 1hr one day, none at all the next day, and 2.5 in another day.
- You can now show up however you can get that total number in.
Ways you can be consistent in showing up
- Social Media
What is flexible business strategies?
- A strategy that moves with the chaos of mom life
- Still brings you sustainable income and freedom
- Showing up when it’s convenient and works with your life
- Eliminates frustrations when consistency goals are not being met
More about Lani:
Lani is a mom to 6 kids, and wife to her husband of 15 years. She survives on caffeine, laughing with her kids, cooking in the kitchen, hiding in the pantry eating chocolate, and helping other women know they are not alone in the chaos of motherhood & their entrepreneur journey.
She is a Clarity & Strategy Coach for mom entrepreneurs! Helping them to create flexible strategies that adjust and move with the chaos of mom life, but still bring consistent monthly income. Her mission is to help mompreneurs get out of survival mode, release the mom guilt, and create a clear plan of action that will help them reach their dreams of consistent monthly income, flexibility, and freedom.